Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2022, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Aug 2022 20:42:43 -0700
From:         Ben T <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Importation of a van 'already here'
Comments: To: Karl <tdiguru@westyventures.com>

When I handled a tourist vehicle for a friend, one of the documents I had to sign from US Customs stated that the vehicle had to be exported by sea or air after one year. Otherwise, it is subject to destruction. Enforcement by CBP appears to be quite lax, as I am aware of a good number of these vehicles licensed and driving in various states with local plates. Just keep it out of California. Since the TDI cheating scandal, they have been trying to enforce the import rules even on vehicles older than 25 years.

BenT