Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2022, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 28 Aug 2022 18:17:04 +0000
From:         Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: NEW mystery - Subaru Conversion
Comments: To: John Rodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>

Any red lights on instrument cluster?  Probably too busy dealing with situation to notice.  But one time as I was merrily cruising along on freeway in the desert, hit a bump in pavement and total red-light alert!  Motor was still running, made it off freeway, shut down motor....no restart.  Turns out, it was a broken Ring terminal on the big red wire to starter.  Apparently it was just hanging on by a thread; when I hit the bump on pavement, finally broke loose.  (Root cause was numerous fiddling with that ring terminal due to several situations with starter, including the Subie installation:  it cold-work hardened, and broke.)

On Sunday, August 28, 2022 at 10:33:05 AM PDT, John Rodgers <jrodgers113@gmail.com> wrote: I don't know. Had my hands so full dealing with rush hour interstate traffic I didn't notice.  I'll check it out specifically.

Thanks.