Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2022, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Aug 2022 22:14:03 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: A mystery
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

Thanks for the info. I don't know much about these things. I feel I have a steep learning curve . The man who did the engine conversion told me about the loose bearings. I went to my transmission rebuilder who has years of rebuilding experience including various VW vehicles and talked about the bearings. I mentioned the problem. He immediately identified it as being associated with those bearings. Don't know what else to say about it. The van is high mileage, like 242,000, and the tranny has never been cracked open except for standard servicing. No doubt those bearings are worn.