Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2022, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Aug 2022 13:00:04 +0000
From:         "ddbjorkman@verizon.net" <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon storage
Comments: To: "ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET" <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>

Excellent points Eric!!   Dan, you might find riding around in your Vanagon quite therapeutic.  I know it makes me feel good, and maybe you could use some of that right now.  The roar of the engine, the noise of the wind through worn door gaskets, the talk and laughter, it's all good.  The additional benefit of using your beloved vehicle is a big plus also.

Hope your recovery is as quick as possible and complete. Dave B.the Boston one

-----Original Message----- From: Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Mon, Aug 29, 2022 9:42 pm Subject: Re: [VANAGON] Vanagon storage

Hi Dan,

        I have a different perspective on your situation.  Sorry for the late reply but I was traveling.

        My suggestion is to not store the van.  Your correct you can’t drive it yourself or, comfortably drive it, but I suspect you can still get into the back or passenger seat.

I love using my vanagon but can’t drive it.  I have my Wife drive, but also a variety of friends.  Some friends have been found because I need a driver.

        So as a blind vanagon person I suggest you find people to go to get lunch out, or go to get ice cream, or just go for a ride.  It keeps the van happy and you as well.

Several times I’ve met people who never let their wives or others drive their vanagons.  I think it is important to share the fun.

On my recent trip we were all couples over 7 vanagons and some others as well.  In all cases the ladies also drove unless disabled like myself.

Don’t let this situation take away your vanagon joy!

Eric Caron