Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2022, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 2 Oct 2022 21:02:46 -0700
From:         Bruce Todd <beeceetee@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: syncro coolant distribution tower

Hi Mark & list - The distribution tower was one of the first replacements I ever made - with the switch and swap from plastic to aluminum/stainless upgrades on all things coolant. I was picking parts from a couple of old vans about 14 years ago at The Bug Shop in Delta when a tow truck arrived one sunny summer afternoon pulling a nice looking 2WD Westy. The plastic tower went on the van while the family was heading out on holiday.

Anyway - I recall thinking I don't want that to happen to me and purchased a tower for my Syncro from GW. Funny, at the time I thought it was aluminum but looking at the GW site now, they are selling stainless steel so I am not sure what alloy it is. Curious whether they sold aluminum towers in the past? Whatever it is - it has been bullet proof so far (knock on wood).

Bruce