Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2022, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Oct 2022 23:40:11 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      GW EFM and available updates

Hi list friends,

A few days ago a friend and I completed a Flash update on the GW ECU for the engine Management.

My 85 has several running issues and I wanted to see if this would help.

Success!

The software update made an immediate change.

The engine idle was a bit slower but much more regular. The increasingly disturbing hesitation from idle disappeared. And so far the need to try twice to start has not happened. I had already changed out the GW injectors, one of witch failed on the outside, and the others were suspect. GW sells a different set now but I installed the Mansispeed set. The most recent GW install is for the newer injectors and I was advised by them to try that one first.

It has only been about 130 miles on the new update but our confidence on moving from a stop is vastly increased.

If you have a GW management system I’d recommend making sure you have the recent update and if not do the flash update on the ECU.

I’m told it will continue to learn the motor for several hundred miles. Here’s is hoping for even more improvement.

Eric Caron 85 GL Auto GW 2.3 with GW Fuel Management