Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2022, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Oct 2022 19:23:08 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Friday question, Tires
Comments: To: David Clarkson <dvdclarksn@aol.com>

I’m trying to apply all I’ve learned from tire threads on this list to my current situation.

The Vanagon needs thicker ply tires partly due to weight. My new car is a plug in hybrid so very heavy.

Most folks would be happy with a all season tire but we want real snow tires for VT roads that can be dirt and sometimes not plowed. Heidi comes home from hospital work late at night before the plows get out.

I don’t like the annual tradition of twice changing tires on and off rims But, my first attempt at finding wheel and tire packages gave me sticker shock. If the lug patterns are the same I’d be happy to purchase new or even used Rav4 rims. I don’t care if they are 17 or 16 inch rims. I’m not after sexy just sturdy.

Eric Caron