Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2022, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Nov 2022 09:54:46 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Coolant leak found but parts question

Hey,

Anyone out there?

I have moved forward and ordered the H pipe and corresponding new hoses. I had two from Ken at Vanagain. My current H pipe I believe now was manufactured on the road likely south of the border on a extensive trip. I’m guessing but suspect it really was created on the road from spare pipe parts.

So onto two related questions.

I decided to use worm clamps but originally they had the spring clamps.

I now have spring clamp pliers and I’m beginning to kind of like these spring clamps. In the future would you folks recommend staying with OEM spring clamps for coolant in the future, and why?

Also I don’t know what coolant is in the 84. Only that it is green in color. Any problem mixing coolants? I predict other lines will need replacement so I want to get it functioning then look at the lines and a full change in the future.

Eric Caron 84 That, will soon need coolant and a burp.