Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2022, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Nov 2022 13:11:55 +0000
From:         "ddbjorkman@verizon.net" <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Current coolant hose repairs
Comments: To: "ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET" <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>

Hi Eric.  Logic would seem to point to the larger clamp.  Spring clamps, like all springs, will lose gripping ability over time.  That's why the tang was there.  Dave B.the Boston oneDid you get this>

-----Original Message----- From: Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Tue, Nov 8, 2022 10:37 pm Subject: Re: [VANAGON] Current coolant hose repairs

Hi Mark,

        I’m glad to hear I was not alone with this challenge.         I’m comfortable I didn’t do any harm.  Those clamps are pretty powerful, and it only needed to move a extra tiny bit to fit.         I’m also glad to hear in advance that the silicone hoses may need a different clamp or a different solution.  I wonder what people have done for those.

Eric Caron