Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2022, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 15 Dec 2022 18:01:53 -0500
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Current coolant hose repairs
Comments: To: David McNeely <davmcneely40@GMAIL.COM>

Yes, You are both correct, and this is a great tip.

I didn’t know about this and it turned out that the automatic door could be adjusted to give me a half inch or so more clearance as it was a bit below the door header. But, a friend had adjusted that a few weeks ago. So the only extra height I could get would be removing wood or trim from the top.

But, success, We got the van inside!

I lowered the air pressure to 12 pounds in the rear. Issue in the back is a roof rack that sticks up 2 inches. Also the van has a GW lift kit.

Still the front was fine. I lowered pressure to 23 pounds but might not have needed too.

The lowering of the back tires was not quite enough so my neighbor put in 140 pounds of sand bags in the back. Then I climbed in on top, then my new neighbor from across the road came over and she climbed in the back with me. Then with my wife guiding the van was able to back in and was low enough to clear the door!

So, I’ll need to reverse this when it is time to pull it out!

But, now I have a warm winter garage to work on van care!

Eric Caron 85 and 84 Westfalias.