Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2023, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Feb 2023 19:53:24 -0800
From:         David McNeely <davmcneely40@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Great American Eclipse, Monday April-8-2024, mid day in Texas
Comments: To: "ddbjorkman@verizon.net" <ddbjorkman@verizon.net>

Fall, winter, and spring are good times for outdoor activity in Texas. There are lots of "Winter Texans" for good reason. Of course, there can be the odd deep freeze, ice storm, or snow storm in much of the state, and the Panhandle and High Plains have a regular winter due to the elevation being 3-5K feet. I was in Dallas for a family visit recently, and got delayed in leaving because of sleet and freezing rain, which led to my flight out being cancelled. That then led to my still being there when I got COVID for my birthday. Between the ice and COVID, worst birthday gifts I ever got!