Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2023, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Mar 2023 19:34:21 +0000
From:         Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Wise Stuff
Comments: To: Jim Felder <jim.felder@gmail.com>

Amen and amen....that is....it shall be so.

On Sunday, March 5, 2023 at 11:30:27 AM PST, Jim Felder <jim.felder@gmail.com> wrote: Well, Richard, I have likely learned as much from this group as anybody. While everyone here has been helpful and supportive, and I have learned many things that made vanagon life better and easier, there are a handful of people who have absolutely saved my butt a number of times and are the prime reason that I still own and drive a Vanagon. That's irreplaceable. I am eternally grateful for and loyal to this list. I am a member of other things, but this list is the one I would never be without as long as it exists. Thanks, Jim On Sun, Mar 5, 2023 at 12:38 PM Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Yes Jim, your words speak loud and clear.  Over and over for decades, you have humbly provided key knowledge.  I know this for a fact. And you are spot-on about the One-Upmanship, smart-asseassry, and general Internet anonymity.  This is the way of our Modern World.  Prolific on Facebook....I know that for a fact too.  A lot of nonsense....but interspersed are some genuine nuggets of knowledge.

What to do? In general, it's mostly like any Vanagon problem. You settle down, you get down to basics.

On Sunday, March 5, 2023 at 10:04:22 AM PST, Jim Felder <jim.felder@gmail.com> wrote: Funny how this all comes around. Ten years ago, I was lobbying for the ability to post photos as that was an option at the time, during one of our major switchovers. I argued that it would make us more effective at communication which part, where, how, etc. The purists would hear none of it. Where are they now? Did they die off? I think they all migrated to Facebook when they got the chance and this list suffered for it. But here we have a real discussion, not the morass-like structure of FB which is like a river--anything put into it floats downstream to never be seen again, the one-upsmanship, the smartassery of of internet anonimity. Just wish we could have both. Jim