Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2023, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Apr 2023 14:42:10 -0700
From:         Dan N <dn92610@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: When & why replace heads?
Comments: To: David McNeely <davmcneely40@gmail.com>

I agree with that... A piece of rubber (head gasket) has a number of contraction/swelling cycles... After a number of miles and heat, no more cycle, the gaskets won't swell anymore, they become hard rubber. No product can get them swell anymore to seal the leaks. The solution is to replace the head gaskets.