Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2023, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Apr 2023 19:02:40 -0700
From:         David McNeely <davmcneely40@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bam! My Vanagon got hit...hard
Comments: To: Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@sbcglobal.net>

At fault driver's insurance will want to total and lowball. Don't settle until you are certain to get what it takes. Sorry this happened to you. Also, don't necessarily expect the at fault driver to maintain his statement of fault when he deals with his insurance company. Been there, done that, with my camper WHEN REAR ENDED AT A FULL STOP. At the time I did not have full coverage insurance, and had to go to small claims court. Luckily my damage was relatively minor, not major like yours, because without corroborating evidence, the judge split the liability between me and the other driver. I only got half what it took to make my camper whole again.