Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2023, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 29 Apr 2023 09:50:29 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Over a year to get in

So, I have three fairly local VW parts or service folks for older buses. I only recently heard about one and he has been a big help though certainly busy and connections are a bit unpredictable. The second person is very pleasant on the phone but it took a year to get an appointment. I’m bringing my 84 to him next week for electrical checks and some updates. Also want to see if he can get the van to run with the O2 sensor connected. Currently not connected and running great but low gas mileage. And, have him do a general eyes on inspection.

I hope he turns out to be a strong person as he sounds relatively young and knowledgeable. He seems to have van people traveling pretty long distances to get to him. He put me ahead of others waiting over a year to get in. He knows I’m blind, but when I descried the electrical work I had just done and what I would do next unless he was able to do it he got me in. His wife, business manager, said he was terrified that I would be doing electrical work on the van!

Hey, whatever it takes to get in!

Third local bus person is in late 80’s and still puttering on bugs and vans but basically just a place to find parts now and then.

Still amazing that there are this many folks around me still working on older VWs and making a living or at least part of their business from them.

Eric Caron