Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2023, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 May 2023 09:39:51 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Richard Koerner van
Comments: To: Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@sbcglobal.net>

Godspeed to quiet your mind - all this will pass & More will be revealed -

On Mon, May 8, 2023 at 4:10 PM Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> So, one month ago I got T-boned by a Tesla. Here's the thing: Insurance > Companies only deal in proof. Hard evidence. Even eyewitnesses are not > always reliable, nor your own testimony and even if other driver states "It > was all my fault." Dashcam evidence is becoming popular, and the Tesla had > one of those. Not even Police Reports....they arrived 5 minutes after the > event, didn't see it happen. But the other insurance company might hold > onto this evidence...and it takes mucho legal stuff ($$$$) to get all that > out in the open. > > You just kind of get tired of going to bed every night and waking up every > morning with these things on your mind. It messes life up. Meanwhile, no > travel adventures in Vanagon. Will be that way for a long time. Good > news: my insurance company (Farmers/21st Century) put via direct deposit > $10.2K into my bank; they acknowledged that sometimes more issues arise > after getting into it, and said they will review supplemental photos and > evidence and adjust accordingly. Body shop estimates roughly $15K. > > Onto the Body Shop...now, this is not a simple dented panel. This is > major frame straightening before any of the easy stuff happens. My guy is > skilled at this regarding Vanagons. And, he has immediate access to 3 junk > Vanagons if a "clip" is the proper solution. Doors are easy. Windshields > are easy. But everything has to be just right before doing these. Paint & > Bondo are likewise easy; frame straightening is not. He has been highly > endorsed by at least 3 of my San Diego Vanagon friends; the only > caveat....you've got to be patient with him...the van will look brand > new....but he will do it on his time and schedule. > > I've driven my Vanagon 3 times so far to his shop to discuss. Basically, > he requires $10K Cash as deposit, my van and the keys. His timeframe of 5 > weeks will surely double or triple....I just know this. And what I am > learning----this is kind of how it works in the Vanagon World. Mechanics > and Body Shops kind of got you between a rock and a hard place. But > looking forward to the day sometime later this summer when I'm back on the > road. Meanwhile....I am driving super conservative and always being aware > of fast Teslas. > > > > https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2384318.jpg > > > > https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2384319.jpg > > > > https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2384320.jpg > > > > https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2384321.jpg > > > >

-- roger whittaker 604.414.6266

---------------------------------------------------------- PR MARINE SURVEYORS & http://www.tvthatworks.com http://www.tvpowellriver.com LinkedIn -

- ca.linkedin.com/pub/roger-whittaker/14/78a/b71/Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://www.youtube.com/user/LastonLastof#g/u http://vimeo.com/42309497

http://www.prpeak.com/articles/2010/11/29/multimedia/video/doc4c62e5f80d228504902172.txt