Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2023, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 May 2023 21:43:11 +0000
From:         Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: CONFIRM vanagon
Comments: To: Rob <vwrobb@GMAIL.COM>

Yes....I kind of do the "Hybrid" approach.  Best of both worlds.  I totally endorse the irreplaceable wisdom of members on this List.  At the same time, there are marvelous newcomers into the Vanagon world.  Extremely talented and resourceful and hungry for any challenge.  And they are more than happy to share their experience and knowledge and links.  Also, they are dealing in a world of less available stuff than we used to go through, like parts and mechanics; all those NLA parts and retired shops. And I have also been a member of the List....I think from around 2005 or 2006....uncountable times they have saved my butt.  So my loyalty and hopes that I can suggest something useful keeps going.  But guess what....you go to one of those modern groups....and you will instantly see many familiar names.

On Monday, May 22, 2023 at 02:29:23 PM PDT, Rob <vwrobb@gmail.com> wrote: This list has done the job for well over 20 years and still does it today, because of the people on it. We seem to like it the way it is. There are other sources if you need something more 'modern' but you knew that.

Rob vwrobb@gmail.com

On Mon, May 22, 2023 at 5:20 PM Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > >  I still marvel about how resilient the old school Vanagon List is.  It takes a beating, and keeps on serving.  I think with modern stuff, blazing fast and powerful computers we all now have, ability to share pics about some specific detail...that would be a wonderful invention and improvement.  Oh wait.....I think some guy named Mark Z. similarly thought it would be a good idea. > >