Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2023, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 31 May 2023 23:52:46 +0000
From:         Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: 1991 Vanagon 2.1L auto: failed DE emission test: CO (high)
Comments: To: Karl Ploessl <karl.ploessl@GMAIL.COM>

Everytime I go to my local Vietnamese Smog guy with my Subie 2.2 conversion, he always says the same thing:  Just sit there and let it idle and get good and hot.  (It was always recommended too with 1.9 WBX). And I pass every time.  California, San Diego.   Your specific issues about CO failure....I don't know...but Dennis H. will.  Seems like New York and California are aligning themselves smog wise.

On Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 04:38:43 PM PDT, Karl Ploessl <karl.ploessl@gmail.com> wrote: I was driving about 10 miles to DMV and was waiting in line ~ 30 minutes with engine idling. -----

Karl '81 Westy "Jenny"

'91 Westy "Jenny 2" Wilmington, DE