Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2023, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 Jun 2023 23:37:04 +0000
From:         "ddbjorkman@verizon.net" <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      =?UTF-8?Q?Re:______[VANAGON]_Happy_INTERNATIONAL_VOLKSWAGEN=C2=AE_BUS_DAY?=
Comments: To: "jack007@COMCAST.NET" <jack007@COMCAST.NET>,
          "ericcaron96@comcast.net" <ericcaron96@comcast.net>

Thanks Jack So many stories.  Travelling I 95 south to Providence from Boston. Bunch of hitchhikers in the back of my 60's panel van.  Very tired 36 hp original engine.  On a couple of hills, the hitchhiker had to jump out so I could get over hills (did I mention I had a waterbed in the back for a time).  Sometimes they would help out and push. In my '59 Westy (wicked cool. Birth interior, I bought it from a music student who needed a tuba) going to the White Mountains to cut our own Christmas Trees.  I had a double insulated heater tube and good heater boxes, but it still took my Lab. Ben, and a sleeping bag across our laps to stay warm.  Needed all the engine heat to tackle the defrosters, which worked pretty well, thank you (as long as the lower vent was closed).  With multiple friends, one at a time.  So many memories.  Such an iconic vehicle.  And we, this community and all those others that you honk, flash, wave, etc. at are the ones who carry it on.  Because we know, in our hearts, there is no other vehicle, for camping or carrying, that stands up to the Bus, Vanagon or Eurovan.  Believe me.  I have looked. Dave B.the Boston one

-----Original Message----- From: Jack R <jack007@COMCAST.NET> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Fri, Jun 2, 2023 12:55 pm Subject: [VANAGON] Happy INTERNATIONAL VOLKSWAGEN® BUS DAY

INTERNATIONAL VOLKSWAGEN® BUS DAY Today is not only June 2, it is also International Volkswagen Bus Day and we are celebrating an iconic past while taking a ride into the future. Come along as we celebrate a global icon with an unmistakable design that has brought smiles to the faces of generations–the Volkswagen Bus.

https://nationaldaycalendar.com/international-volkswagen-day-june-2/