Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2023, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 Jun 2023 21:02:03 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon update paying to undo other's work
Comments: To: Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

Nope,

I prefer working on the older cars. But that is just me.

I think it is wild that I currently have three vintage vW bus resources in little VT and nearby NH less than 30 miles away. One is the parts yard with a basically retired owner. The other is an older experienced VW person reengaging in older VWs. And the last a young man with a tech and his wife running the office. They don’t want more business as they can’t keep up with what they have and they like the current amount. I’m in the vW bus community but it took years to find these folks making a living or supplementing mostly under the radar. Two out of three are continuing on quietly. But at least one of them is training a young mechanic to carry on.

Not everyone wants to work on the newest cars.

And, some younger folks are still working on these vans.

I don’t expect it to last forever. In fact, I kind of look forward to eventually converting one of the vans to electric or hydrogen.

Call me a optimist but our buses have a strong following and there are still mechanics out there.

eRic