Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2023, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 3 Jun 2023 18:31:12 +0000
From:         Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Opinions wanted: Overhaul or Eletric?!

Heck!  I've got some plywood, I can get fabric and foam. I've got screws.  I've got Solidworks 3D Solid Model tool. And I have a sewing machine for curtains.  Yep, in 3 weekends...well maybe 4, I could totally transform anything into an object of strong desire.  I have done it twice (70 Bus and 85 Vanagon).  Yep Dave, me too:  I will soon turn 70.  I still feel like a kid though!

On Saturday, June 3, 2023 at 11:19:59 AM PDT, David McNeely <davmcneely40@gmail.com> wrote: It will be too late for me, as I am 78 yo and counting.  There WILL be electric vans, pickups, and SUVs that have long range, high passenger and storing capacity, and can tow.  They are just not here YET.  Meanwhile, the VW ID.Buzz will be here some time next year, and could be converted for camping at a price.