Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2023, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Jun 2023 06:24:02 -0400
From:         Frank Condelli3 <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Trip Report Bus Fusion

Eric, nice report on BusFusion. I missed seeing you at BusFusion. I did not even know you were there until you had left. So……I will see you at West River Westies. It’s been a long time I have not gone but will be there this year. Glad you enjoyed BusFusion !

Frank

> On Jun 22, 2023, at 12:00 AM, Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> wrote: > > Hi Folks, > > I wanted to write this up before memory fades, and that is = > already happening! > > We set out in June to go from Southern VT to Almonte Ontario. Plan was = > to then return via the Thousand Islands. > > Just before leaving we went for Vt inspection and failed. My =

> front wheels wobbled. > I talked to a few friends including Dennis H and was encouraged = > to try to fix them. I only had the afternoon as we planned to leave the = > next day. > > No real stress though as my 84 was running great and could have made the = > trip. > Dennis was very helpful describing the way to get to the nut and = > how the ping worked.=20 > the hard part was getting the cap off. > I broke a claw hammer, snapping it off in the process. Finally a = > strange shaped heavy print bar, from a road side free pile, had just the = > right angle. With a wood backing and brute force it came off.=20 > I was told to turn just a bit but the nut was pretty loose so =

> I=E2=80=99m guessing it turned more than one revolution. > Put it together and wheel turned easily but no wobble. Other =

> side went easier.=20 > > So, set off with uninspected van but in working order. =20 > Fixing it was easier then unpacking and repacking the other van! > > So, we set off in the 85 with about 500 miles on the GW 2.3 engine. I = > had changed out the break in oil and we were off. > > We met up with friends in Underhill VT and then 6 vans traveled = > to Almonte Canada the next morning. > My scan gauge is still not perfectly set up. I need help setting = > the speedo again. But temps and pressure seem to be working on the scan = > and Vido units. > > At start up oil pressure is about 60 PSI when hot it is about 38 = > at idle, and about 58 when rolling. Oil temp seems about 200. Trans =

> most often about 180 Coolant about 196. Numbers when rolling along fully = > warmed up. > Gas mileage ranged from 15 to 18 miles per gallon, averaging = > about 16.8. At one time I compared my mileage to a friends van with 2.5 = > Subaru and auto Trans. We both showed 134 miles on our odometers as we = > were traveling following him. They match almost perfectly. Our tru =

> [...]

Cheers,

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada '87 VW Westy, '00 Kawasaki 250 Sherpa, "98 Ducati 750 Monster BusFusion a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 2023 Lionel Trains (Collection for sale)