Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2023, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 Aug 2023 02:32:49 -0400
From:         Frank Condelli3 <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: westy stove burner grate fillers

The only way they would not warp is if they were cast or VERY thick metal No metal will withstand the heat unless it's VERy thick or cast and you won’t get that for $25.

> On Aug 13, 2023, at 12:00 AM, Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> wrote: > > Stainless? I wish. Mine are not stainless, don't know really what the > metal is. Quite thin and warped almost immediately. Cost me $25 each in > 2008. got them from a list member out of (Montreal?). I mentioned to him > that they warped, and he replied that I was expecting too much from a thin > piece of metal. No, I was expecting when I ordered them better quality for > $25.

Cheers,

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada '87 VW Westy, '00 Kawasaki 250 Sherpa, "98 Ducati 750 Monster BusFusion a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 2023 Lionel Trains (Collection for sale)