Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2023, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Aug 2023 13:12:48 +0000
From:         "ddbjorkman@verizon.net" <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Positive Crankcase Ventilation
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>

That heated restrictor was a problem in the early Tiico engines.  It was not needed in South Africa due to climate.  Here in the northeast, it was needed, but did not come piped that way.  I ran into that problem, and it ended up blowing oil out my dipstick.  Took a bit of exploration to figure that one out. Dave B.the Boston one

On Monday, August 14, 2023 at 06:56:20 AM EDT, Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com> wrote: Yes I am aware of the rubber diaphragm. As passive device to help control flow during idle-low speed operation. There is also the restrictor which is heated to prevent it from being blocked by icing. I was just trying to explain the concept of a PCV system as used on other vehicles.

Dennis

-----Original Message----- From: Alistair Bell <ragnarhairybreeks@icloud.com> Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2023 7:47 PM To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com> Cc: vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com Subject: Re: [VANAGON] Positive Crankcase Ventilation

There is a rubber diaphragm in the stock tower at the top.

Ab