Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2023, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 27 Aug 2023 02:13:11 +0000
From:         Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Awnings
Comments: To: Bruce Todd <beeceetee@GMAIL.COM>

Outstanding Bruce!!!  Watching it brought me back to my carefree college days, at UCSB. (BTW...one of the reasons I sent this "awning" thing, was to try to understand why some emails go immediately to SPAM.  And others don't.  I don't have a solution, it's complicated.  But sure, I'm gungho about any and all methods of camping.  I have no issues with Class A Motorhomes, or backpackers, or in-between.) But for sure....I'm looking forward to becoming grumpy....with no excuses needed!!  Ha-ha!!

On Saturday, August 26, 2023 at 05:56:18 PM PDT, Bruce Todd <beeceetee@gmail.com> wrote: I appreciate minimalist camping but I am looking forward to using the second hand ARB awning I picked up a few months back - just another blade on the Swiss Army knife of vehicles.

This post made me think of Grumpy Old Men - "Back in the day we didn't need no fancy protective awnings.  Instead we had potato sacks which we tied together with our shoelaces from our hand-me down shoes.  When the sun went down we would spend three hours taking all the knots apart so we could put our shoes back on.  We didn't need awnings - and we liked it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x7S2H-g60c

In jest!

Bruce