Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2023, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Dec 2023 15:12:04 -0800
From:         Alistair Bell <ragnarhairybreeks@ICLOUD.COM>
Subject:      Re: Door handles and pedal pads
Comments: To: Eric Caron <ecaron1@comcast.net>

Ok let’s try…!

Yeah you’d think a metal pedal pad would be slippery. But they have surface features to give grip and are powder coated.

And… I’ve been using a pair for four months or so. Un painted aluminum. This pair had holes drilled in them for a certain amount of grip.

No slippage issue at all ( except) , wet or dry. Had some slipperiness the other week after I had been standing in some spilled cutting fluid/coolant on the shop floor. I got a leak in one of my cnc machines during certain conditions. It’s the tramp oil seperator. Yeah tramp oil :-)

But that fluid is slippery.

Cheers

Alistair