Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2023, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Dec 2023 20:03:24 -0500
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Westy LuggageRack Noise
Comments: To: OlRivrRat <OlRivrRat@COMCAST.NET>

Your speed may very.

I don’t drive, or at least I’m not admitting to it.

In my Bay window days, I told drivers not to go over 65 and try to stay at 60. Many kept it at 65 and down hill even faster. I prefer slower.

In my auto vanagon 60 feels good. But 70 is fine.

In the Manual 84, I’m constantly asking drivers to slow down. 75 is easy for them to go but I try to keep it under 70.

Bay was air cooled most stock 74.

Vanagons running GW 2.3 water boxers.

Going 80 in the vanagons can be reached but I don’t want to do that in this van. I rarely want to do that in a modern car.

70 is a good upper limit, but darned if I can keep people under 70 in the manual 84.

Eric Caron

Eric Caron , but I