Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2023, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Dec 2023 10:10:42 -0800
From:         Alistair Bell <ragnarhairybreeks@ICLOUD.COM>
Subject:      Re: Lubrication of Heater/Ventilation Control Cables
Comments: To: Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@sbcglobal.net>

I have Richard. A few times.

Lube on the cables and pivots? Last time I used tri-flow

Fan motor - I stood fan on end and soaked the exposed bushing with light machine oil. I also hot glued a bottle cap on the exposed bushing to help keep it dust free when back in box.

Box flap seal - I advise against felt or neoprene. You want something with a lot of compliance. As soft as felt or neoprene feels in hand, you really want something much much more compliant. An open cell foam. It’s very surprising how the flaps don’t easily close fully with any resistance from the foam.

Cheers

Alistair