Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2023, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Dec 2023 23:15:13 -0500
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Dip stick, no jokes from Alistair

OK,

I had to go look again. Of course by touch.

I don’t think there is a O ring. Maybe someone out there could double check with yours.

My 84 engine with 80 K, dip stick is snug but not as tight as my 85 with basically 3K on the rebuilt GW 2.3

So, makes me wonder if the dip stick is fine, but what is causing the oil to go up the tube in this unusual way?

Oil level is right between the lines, and is Mobile 1 15/50.

This has been happening from day one, but I suspect only found because we were looking at it while running and hot from above. Usually looked for source with engine off.

So, why would there be oil pushing up the dip stick tube?

Eric Caron 85 Auto