Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2023, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Dec 2023 10:49:09 -0800
From:         SC Strawn <scstrawn@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: A sad day, Scott Foss has left this realm
Comments: cc: Karl <tdiguru@WESTYVENTURES.COM>

I've been on this list for 20 years, and lurking before that. I always appreciated Scott's practical advice, and his generosity in sharing his abundant knowledge. His tips have often helped me keep my van going, and I have tried to "channel" him often over the years.

My favorite response he gave to those who were asking about a problem, without mentioning anything they had done yet to try to solve it: "Have you LOOKED at it yet? Go LOOK at it". He was right. Can't have that light bulb moment of seeing what's wrong, or even successfully ask for help, until you look at it.

I am sad to hear of his passing, and sad for you, Karl, in the loss of your friend and a good human, and for all of us in the loss of such a good list member and resource. I am particularly sad that he never got to get out of the hospital and work on his beloved vans again after what sounds like an prodigious struggle. I am glad he is out of pain and at peace.

Sally Strawn and "Vanna White"