Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2023, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 30 Dec 2023 12:01:22 -0500
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: LED BULBS
Comments: To: den jolliffe <sondancer77@yahoo.com>

Hi Dennis,

I’m keeping this on list as others can give you better info than me.

I got my first set of LED exterior bulbs from GW many years ago. I purchased the relay there as well.

It was a bit expensive when adding shipping and I was disappointed in the bulb quality. To be fair it was early in the the transition to LED times. But, for example, after about a year my back up bulbs fell apart. And the other bulbs were not as bright as the ones others were getting from mainstream sources.

So, for my 84 I asked the list for recommendations for bulbs.

The ones for back up lights were especially good giving lots more light for backing up. So bright that I never bothered to install the special GW LED back up light I had purchased.

So, in the list archives are the recommendations.

I’ll try to find the recent email from River rat with the links, and include in a follow up email. The relay I ordered and gave the info on works well, but if you get the email with the River Rat one know Ithat didn’t work for me.

Also, you might find the bulbs at a good price at the site I found the relay at.

The site was called superbrightleds.com <http://superbrightleds.com/>. I found it by googling the relay number and the words flasher relay. If I got the link wrong do the google. I plan to use that site in the future.

The bulbs are not created equal so getting recommendations from this list really helped.

Even being blind, I love knowing the lights are bright and using less electrons. And my wife loves the bright back up light.

One addition. River Rat earlier recommended a set of marker lights for the back that can replace the originals. I purchased a set and they look nice. But, so far I opted to just replace the original bulbs with less. The replacement light is a light and bulb in one, and has to be wired in. I expect it is brighter but, I’m turning over a new leaf and where possible leaving stock working things alone, especially on the 84.

Best, Eric Caron