Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2024, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Jan 2024 15:52:58 +0000
From:         "ddbjorkman@verizon.net" <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Pre 85 dash cluster foils
Comments: To: Rick Cooper <rick@WEBLEAF.CA>

Could you please tell us how to get in touch with Gregg again.  I am interested in that galley light.  Looks easy to install and it dims. Dave B.the Boston one On Sunday, December 31, 2023 at 08:00:05 PM EST, Rick Cooper <rick@webleaf.ca> wrote: Jeff, so far as I know, Greg is currently making three devices for our vanagons. 1. The dash foil replacement. 2. A galley/kitchen light.  This product uses the same housing as the original but replaces the original bulbs with LEDs that are brighter, but not overly strong.  The cool part is that you can now turn it on and off just be touching the lens. 3. The dome light that I mentioned in my previous message.  This similarly uses the same housing but replaces the original bulb with a small LED strip.  I haven't installed it yet because I'm in the weeds fighting with a CV joint. I'll write about that seperately. Rick

On Sat, Dec 30, 2023, at 6:54 PM, Eric Caron wrote: > Hi rick, > >        Thanks for posting this.  I missed the first email. > > I wrote to Greg to ask for the details or to be put on a mailing list. > > Both my original foils are functioning well, but it is just a matter of time. > > Eric Caron > 85 and 84 Westfalias > > > > > On Dec 30, 2023, at 3:56 PM, Rick Cooper <rick@WEBLEAF.CA> wrote: > > > > I've also got one of Greg's post-85 dash foils and have had it for about a year.  For me it solved the problem of my instrument lights not working because I had damaged the contacts on the original blue foil by trying to install the wrong bulbs.  It's a beautiful thing -- the indicator lights are all nice and bright (but not too bright), the connectors are solid and it feels like it will last another three decades.  It is almost identical to the original foil and thus installs within minutes. > > > > Today I picked another of Greg's 'inventions'.  This is an LED replacement for the dome light above the driver's door.  Greg has enhanced it by adding an 8 second delay before it shuts off after you close the door.  I hope to install it tomorrow. > > > > Hey if everyone starts mass-producing just one or two parts maybe we can keep these babies running indefinitely! :) > > > > Rick > > > > > > On Fri, Dec 29, 2023, at 9:50 AM, Alistair Bell wrote: > >> Hi, > >> > >> I mentioned before that my friend Greg has been making post 85 model year dash foils. They have been selling well, I’ve been using one for a year and it works perfectly. > >> He’s relented and is now starting to make the older foil version, the pre 85 . > >> > >> The foil is a more stock like alternative to the hard wiring kits sold by other companies. The foils, compared with the originals, are made with better material and modern electronic components. > >> > >> You can contact Greg at > >> > >> greg@pathfinderdesigns.com > >> > >> You can see a pic of the pre 85 foil, unpopulated , here on my blog > >> https://shufti.blog/2023/12/28/vanagon-pre-85-instrument-cluster-foils/ > >> > >> Cheers > >> > >> Alistair > >> >