Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2024, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Jan 2024 08:23:31 -0500
From:         Evan Sullivan <muftobration@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: '85 Vanagon rear right jack point rust
Comments: To: "ddbjorkman@verizon.net" <ddbjorkman@verizon.net>

Thank you, Dennis and Dave. I have continued scraping away at this area and added more pictures to the album showing the extent of the damage. You are right that there is other rust damage, but none as bad as this area. The opposite side looks pretty good with no rust on the panel.

I've removed the slider door and the wheel to get better access for scraping away the rot. Those are simple enough to put back in place so I can move it to a shop. My next step would be to remove the trailing arm and start cutting more of the outer skin to access the inner panels, but that would make it difficult to move to a shop if I wanted to. Thanks for the shop recommendation, Dave. I would like to give Boston AutoPaint a call, so I'll send you an email. I was also looking at Little Foreign Car Garage in Waltham <http://www.lfcg.com/files/restore.html>, which is a bit closer to me. It looks like this is the kind of job they might take. I'll try them today.

-Evan