Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2024, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Feb 2024 01:51:11 +0000
From:         Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Passing on knowledge

The cool thing about this list....well, I don't even have to describe...you all know it. So...there are newcomers.  Frequently found on Facebook.  They thought a Vanagon was a cool thing!  It looked cool on the TV commercials anyway.  Like Dennis has repeated over and over.....the Purchase Price is just the Down Payment.  Incredible wisdom there. But here is the the thing:  these newcomers watch internet.  Buy a van. Immediate problems of course.  Do we just smile and laugh it off and shrug and say...Hey man, that's your problem....or equally worse....no response at all.

Brothers....these folks need the same knowledge we have gotten for free for decades.

OK....if you want to help...maybe every few months or so.....something that you know about, some way that you can help.  Sure, it is equally fine to just sit back and do nothing.  Sure.  Actually, that is a very fine strategy....watch the comments for a while....let them remind you of something you have done, be reminded of someone that helped you.  Keep watching; keep listening.  I think brothers you will eventually want to dump out your wisdom! And how exactly do you do this service?

This ancient Gerry Server will not allow me to reveal.  So, it is just this simple:  Vanagon Cafe  Yes, it is a Facebook thing!  If you are confounded by the whole notion, then don't do it.

Heck, just copy and paste into Search Bar!! Man, I am out of gas.