Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2024, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Mar 2024 09:41:21 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Early vanagon slider handle rear interior location
Comments: To: Jim Arnott <jrasite@EONI.COM>

Hi Jim and others,

OK, we need someone like Alistair or Karl to fabricate the adaptor. Having the interior handle makes shutting the slider so much nicer. I want to add this to both my 84 and 85.

I think the plastic piece I described with two sheet metal screws is where the handle holder should be. I suspect I have a late 84 and they stopped putting the handle in.

I’m glad I now understand what should be there.

I think the square stock is importan, and the attachment in two points. If just bolted right in with one bolt I expect it might easily twist and move out of alignment with use.

That bit of square stock will need a hole in the middle for the handle screw and the size will need to be the same as the piece on the inner door handle.

Does anyone out there know of a source? Or, anyone up for making some?

Is it the same on the bay windows? Maybe a source from Air cooled suppliers?

Eric Caron