Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2024, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Apr 2024 22:19:12 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Hot Start issue solve, Who had the solution?

Hi folks,

I had gotten my 85 with GW 2.3 and GW engine management back from a check up and it developed a hot start issue.

This then seemed to be simply a hard to predict start issue.

Dennis felt it was most likely a cam sensor sink or a Crank and cam sensors needing to be sinked.

I finally got the van back to the shop. Then next day I got a call to come get it. Start issue fixed. Dennis was correct. Basically the cam sensor was not seated fully and not in the correct place. Van now start easily and runs well.

So, points go to Dennis Haynes for calling the issue solution.

Also, I had passed this suggestion to the mechanic and though it was not the first thing he checked it was the second so it saved me a lot of diagnostic time.

So, one issue solved and on to the next.

Eric Caron 85 GL Auto