Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2024, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 May 2024 22:23:13 +0000
From:         "ddbjorkman@verizon.net" <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      New over cab luggage rack bag

Hello all. We are getting close to heading out cross country on a roundabout route (upstate NY, down to Mesa AZ, up to Durango CO, across to Lassen NP, and the PCH) to Newport OR to get on the Big Daddy, Route 20.  Longest road in the USA.  I previously asked the list about a waterproof box or bag we could use that will fit in the luggage compartment and would keep things dry in the rain.  On a good reply from a list member, I researched and bought a"ROLA 59102 Wallaroo Cargo Bag, Rainproof, Expandable Hitch Tray Carrier, Black." on Amazon for short money ($35.00) and am quite happy with it so far.It is made of heave duty material, comes with tie down straps and is almost an exact fit in the compartment.  Only about an inch short along the long back edge of the compartment.  Which is fine as our collapsible canopy goes back there.  We tested it out with stuff inside for the fit.  Now when in use it and the canopy will be wrapped in a tarp to save the canopy from shredding. Previous uses have shown that the tarp alone is not waterproof.  So it will not be in the driving rain.  As the trip progresses over the next 2 months, I will let you know if it does not stand up well. We are pretty excited to get back on the road, living in the Westy fot a good long while.  So if you see a white '87 Westy looking in pretty good shape with MA plates and 2 happy people inside, toot your horn and give us a wave.

Dave B.the Boston oneThis time with Diane