Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2024, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 May 2024 18:53:51 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Oil change interval
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

I agree Dennis. The main reason that modern engines last 10+ times what they did in the seventies and eighties is due to the improvement in engine oil, not advancements in metallurgy or anything else. I changed oil at 7500 mile intervals on my 1990 Vanagon and the engine was in superb shape when I let it go at 270k miles. I am a thousand miles shy of 400k with my 83 diesel camper, with over 20 years of ownership at 7500 mile oil changes. Why waste petroleum, no matter what part of the engine it is used in?

Jim

Sent from my iPhone