Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2024, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Jun 2024 07:45:00 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: dometic frig from ...
Comments: To: Mike Miller <mwmiller6@ATT.NET>

Hi Mike,

Another option to consider is a stand alone electric cooler. My 84 came with the GW elimination kit. The extra storage is great. It came also with an electric cooler. So, disadvantage is it takes up floor space. Advantage, many other items now are stored away. Also, cooler can be left outside or in. Or left at home if not needed. They are not very expensive. Also, you can easily update when better ones come out.

Sometimes I use both my original fridge and my cooler in the other van for lots of cool storage. I have also seen som smaller profile electric coolers that will fit under the bed when in sleep mode and that is a plus for floor space. They have less room, but with no ice needed they hold a lot.

Keep us posted on your upgrade progress.

Eric Caron PS.

My Dometic original in my 85 refuses to die or to have trouble. I like it in most situations, but am ready to upgrade. But, the darn thing keeps lighting and keeping things cool and, for many trips has enough space.