Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 06 Apr 94 16:19:02 CDT
From:         Joel Walker <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Subject:      Re: Kombi, Kombi, who's got the Kombi ... (differences)

>From: jgladu@bcm.tmc.edu (John Gladu) >At 1:02 PM 4/6/94 -0500, Richard A. Jones wrote: >>I always wanted a kombi with the side doors on BOTH sides.... :-) > >Was that option available? The Bozobus is a double-double-door Panel, but >I don't think I've ever seen that option on a bus with windows. The body

i know for a fact that double sliding doors WERE available for the 1971 model year ... cause when i bought mine, i *almost* ordered one that way. it would have been a long wait (i think they said three months) for it to be built and shipped from the factory (cause most double door buses had no windows). but it was an extra-cost option at the dealer.

and, i'm pretty sure it was also an orderable option for the 1980 model year ... again, extra cost and a looonnnnnngggg wait.

anybody out there ever seen one?

i have heard on one of the tv car shows/news that chrysler was bragging about how they were gonna come out with double sliding doors on the caravan/voyager in 1996 ... and vw announced that they will have double sliding doors on the Eurovan THIS YEAR!! for the 1995 models (which are also supposed to have the vr6 engine).

joel