Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Apr 1994 12:08:31 -0500 (CDT)
From:         Dean Paul Karpowicz <chinaski@csd4.csd.uwm.edu>
Subject:      Re: RE: The Suburban saga continues....Again

>> I've seen the bed fold out for the EV, I think your down to >> somewhere between a twin and a full-size bed. It's more of a >> single purpose vehicle than the Vanagon Multivan. >> > >Veery Eeenteresting...considering the EV is as wide as the >Vanagon. I guess its because the outer walls of the EV are 2 feet >thick :-)

My folks have a '93 EV and I have an '84 Vanagon, and the Vanagon is defenitly wider. The salesman told my parents that the EV was bigger on the inside than the Vanagon, but then they bought it and rode around in it for a while then got in my Vanagon and commented on "gee, this thing is wider than the EV, isn't it?". We got home and measured, the EV is quite a bit narrower. They also noticed how close the front seats are together and how much harder it is to walk through them than in the Vanagon (Which was their former vehicle).

Not to flame the EV, overall they love it. They needed something more reliable than the stupid wasserboxer. They are planning on driving it like crazy, like they did with the Vanagon!!!