Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Apr 1994 14:13:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:         WILDCELT@delphi.com
Subject:      Re: EV vs. Vanagon vs. Caravan....Just t

>To which Ric Golen, defender of EuroVans replies:

They need a lot of defending.

>1986 Caravan (neighbor's shit box):

Measure the long wheel base model

>What I see here is one of two things. The first VWUS is doing a piss- >poor job of selling their product, or at least informing the buyer >about the product and how it is different, better than other vans; or >the second, most of you are taking your positions in this "discussion" >with little or no factual or actual EV experience. I will assume that >it is the former not the latter.

VWUS can do nothing when they have a van that nobody wants, just look at the sales figures. I looked and drove the Eurovan and I kept going, putting that dog Audi 5cyl engine in it did nothing for it. It sounds like a truck and just is not refined as the Chrysler vans... Explain to me why Chrysler has over 50% of the market and one of the highest percentages of return buyers. VW has been building crap for a few years now, especially what the Mexicans build.

>As to the "minivan" designation, we all know how RELIABLE Consumer >Reports is when it comes to VWs. On the dealer sticker for the EV

Consumer reports does not like to see people get burned and with VW's track record they are just telling the truth...I cannot believe that they llike the Previa

Leo M. Mulvihill Colmar Pennsylvania wildcelt@delphi.com wildcelt@speedway.net ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the World! '82 Vanagon '79 Beetle '73 412 Sedan