Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 17 Apr 94 14:00:19 -0400
From:         jrp@widcat.widener.edu
Subject:      Reply to The Suburban saga continues....Again

> VWs have ALWAYS been underpowered when compared to other cars.

You have GOT to be kidding me.

I'll remember that the next time I drive my VW Fox past all the other cars in its class on the freeway. It's a joy to pass a Nissan Sentra at 115mph on the freeway

> It seems that their engineeers have this delightful habbit > to give their cars just enough power to get the job done..

I think that even my '89 Vanagon has more power than is really necessary, let alone a VR6 Corrado.

Oh, I suppose you're talking about just the vans. :)

> nothing more, nothing less. Why should the EV be any different?

I've never driven a Eurovan. :)

> Again, why are you trying to compare apples with oranges. The EV > is as much of a minivan as the Vanagon was....just because it has > a front engine configuration does not make it a minivan.

True enough. It's a little bigger and hopefully doesn't feel like driving a car. I hate that feel in something big.

> >Not to mention that the upcoming Winnebago version of the EV is > >in the $30K range. Give me a break. How many people can afford > >that? Given the number of people with new Vans (listed in this > >mailing list) I don't see too many buyers for the EV Camper. If > >there are, I want an application. ;) > > VW campers have always been expensive, just compare them to > existing camper conversions. So you are not telling me anything > new here. Perhaps if you wish to continue on this thread, maybe > you should index the prices of VW campers since the 70s to the > consumer price index to see if infact $30k is unreasonable.

In '89 I paid $24K for my Westy. They ain't cheap. :)

--JRP (list of VW's on file)