Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 05 May 94 01:50:41 EDT
From:         derekdrew@aol.com
Subject:      electrical drawing program

I need help from one of you computer guys to know which software program to select to use to document the changes I have to the electrics in my 90 syncro camper. I am concerned that if I take the camper in for service, the mechanics won't understand what I have done without some nice diagrams, similar to the wiring diagrams VW supplies to its dealers (and us through Dyment). I want a program that will make pages up just like in the manual.

Among other things, I have:

--increased the size of the wire from the alternator by adding a 2nd one --increased the size of the wire from the battery to the front fuse box by by adding a 2nd one --wiring for a set of Oettinger fogg lamps that I have mounted in the body --auxiliary fuse boxes on the right side over the glove box --wiring for additional interior lighting (6 extra lights; all factory) --wiring for a 2nd battery behind the driver --wiring for quick disconnect plugs front and rear for my portable winch (2 ga.) --wiring so my prelubrication device lubricates the motor a bit before it turns over --wiring to I can run the fridge off 12 volts even when the engine is off --wiring for my radios and hi fi --wiring to automatically connect and disconnect the ground connections to my two batteries (through relays) for various scenerios (like making sure they are never connected together while the alternator is off)

The question is, should I use the drawing program that comes with Microsoft Windows? Or is there something that is much easier to use somehow? Or something that has nice little symbols representing electrical parts. Or something that actually draws the circuit itself based on information you supply.

Thanks for any answers.

derekdrew@aol.com