Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 May 94 11:20:48 EDT
From:         huff@dg-rtp.dg.com (Jerry Huff)
Subject:      Wiring Harness / Digijets

Driving into work today my '84 Vanagon experienced the "bucking or jerking" as described in the following Technical Bulletin posted earlier by Joel:

Technical Bulletin Group: 24 Number: 92-01 Date: Feb. 29, 1992 Subject: Vanagon Intermittent Misfire Model(s): All Vanagon Digifant Fuel Injection Engines ^^^^^^^^ This is the wiring harness problem.

One of Joel's past posts described the Vanagon fuel injection systems as such:

"ok. the Digifant system was used on ALL 1986-1991 vanagons (on the 2.1 liter engine). on the 1983-1985 1.9 liter engines, they called it Digijet. it's supposed to be pretty much the same, but ... it's also 'supposed' to be the same as Bosch Motronic (on bmw's) but WITHOUT the knock sensor and timing control. i don't know that for sure."

Does the wiring harness replacement (025 906 302) apply to the '83-'85 Digijet Vanagons? The above information tends to suggest that it might but I would like to here of any first hand experience with this problem on the Digijet systems.

This is the first time I have experienced this problem in the 700+ miles I have put on the van since I purchased it back in March. It only lasted a minute or two. The previous owner described a similiar problem that he claims was fixed by finally replacing the ECU.

-- Jerry Huff huff@dg-rtp.dg.com (919)248-6277 Data General Unix Software Development RTP, NC 27709