Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 May 94 13:26:26 CDT
From:         Joel Walker <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Subject:      Re: Wiring Harness / Digijets

On Fri, 13 May 94 10:24:27 CDT Jerry Huff said: >Driving into work today my '84 Vanagon experienced the "bucking or jerking" >as described in the following Technical Bulletin posted earlier by Joel:

remember now, the symptoms are ONLY for when you are cruising along at a steady pace. if it's bucky and jerking as you accelerate in traffic, it's probably something else.

> Number: 92-01, dated feb 29, 1992 > Subject: Vanagon Intermittent Misfire > Model(s): All Vanagon Digifant Fuel Injection Engines

and the group 24, number 92-02, dated april 30, 1992 (about the same thing) also specifies "All Water Cooled Engine Vanagons".

>Does the wiring harness replacement (025 906 302) apply to the '83-'85 Digijet >Vanagons? The above information tends to suggest that it might but I would >like to here of any first hand experience with this problem on the Digijet >systems.

i'm just guessing here because i have never had an 83-85 vanagon, but the wording of these tech bulletins suggests that, yes, it does apply to ALL water-cooled vanagons, regardless of the Digijet or Digifant.

>This is the first time I have experienced this problem in the 700+ miles >I have put on the van since I purchased it back in March. It only lasted >a minute or two. The previous owner described a similiar problem that he >claims was fixed by finally replacing the ECU.

if it occurs on cruise control or steady driving, then it is likely the problem. especially if it goes away when you speed up or slow down or do almost anything to the accelerator pedal. the real problem in diagnosis is that you (at least i couldn't) can't 'create' the problem. except by driving at a steady speed for a while.

lemme know if you want me to xrox these bulletins and ship them to you ... sometimes it really helps to SEE the stuff instead of reading it off a screen.

joel