Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 May 94 16:47:30 EDT
From:         Yeebot@aol.com
Subject:      Noise; good and bad...

You may need a louder stereo, more speakers, or it may just be speaker placement. (Not that the bus ain't noisy!) I had enclosed (box) speakers mounted back by the rear seats on my '70 camper wired to a 40 watt Stereo and it seemed loud enough! Later on when I got more cash I hooked up a pair of 6x9 speakers in the doors near the bottom and man was THAT kickin'!...Until the stuff got stolen, of course. Not the one's in the doors though, I guess they didn't see them. (Another reason to put them in the doors.) You could also try the storage box underneath the rear seat/bed which is what Hot VW's did and they seem happy with it. I don't do it because I'm not into cutting up my plywood.

A final note though: I agree with and appreciate all the comments about hearing protection. I'm also a motorcyclist and hearing loss is a big concern after riding all those hours with wind buzzing around inside your helmet. Now, if they could invent something better than foam plugs...

Mike Mein Kamper:1970