Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         19 May 1994 18:57:43 GMT
From:         mccallum@cs.rochester.edu (Andrew McCallum)
Subject:      Re: VW Bus Wanted

*** FOR SALE ***

VW Vanagon, Wolfsburg Edition, 7 seater, 1984

Exterior/Interior: Dark blue exterior, blue/black interior. Seating for seven adults, plus storage behind back seat. Middle seat comes out, making *large* storage volume. Wolfsburg edition back seat folds down into double sized bed. Insect-barrier screen on middle sliding windows. Wolfsberg edition snap-on curtains for all windows (blue). (Makes a great camping vehicle.) Almost no rust, spent most years in Portland, OR and Raleigh, NC. Heat in both front and rear. Driver and front passenger swiveling armrests. Exterior mirrors on both sides. Halogen headlights. Lighted vanity mirror on passenger visor (works great as map light) Trailer hitch.

Console: Power Steering. Power Brakes. Cruise Control. Tachometer, Speedometer, fuel and engine temp gauges. Oil pressure, battery, brakes, OXY, seatbelt lights. Fast, slow, intermittent wipers.

Engine/Drivetrain: Fuel injected. Water-cooled (They started making water-cooled vans in 1983). 19 mpg. 4-speed manual transmission. Good compression. Does not burn oil. Great running engine; strong torque even at low RPM. Always, always starts first time: winter, summer, without even touching the gas pedal. Has had regular oil and filter changes. Wolfsburg edition 16 gallon fuel tank.

Mileage: 150,000 miles, but engine rebuilt at 120,000, plus: New clutch, new pwr steering, new water pump, new brakes, new belts. Mostly highway miles.

Condition: Excellent.

I love this car, but I'm selling it because I got a great deal on a Civic: I no longer need a large car; I want high gas mileage for visiting my sweetheart in Vermont.

Price: $3900, or best offer.

I'm located in Rochester, NY.

Respond via email: mccallum@cs.rochester.edu office phone: (716) 275-2527 lab phone: (716) 275-1372 evening phone: (716) 461-4561 -- R. Andrew McCallum EBOX: mccallum@cs.rochester.edu Computer Science Dept VOX: (716) 275-2527, (716) 275-1372 (lab) University of Rochester FAX: (716) 461-2018 Rochester, NY 14627-0226 http://www.cs.rochester.edu/users/grads/mccallum