Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 31 May 94 11:53:00 CDT
From:         David Bryant <DavidB@msgw.cait.wustl.edu>
Subject:      '87 Syncro Westy for sale

Well I hate to do it but I'm afraid that I'm going to have to sell my '87 Syncro Westy GL.... :-(((

The question is how much to ask for it...

The "book" value goes from $8,000 to $15,000 depending upon who you ask. It's got 71k on it and is showing signs of needing work, dings, (small) rust spots, leaking steering rack(?), driveshaft (?) clunk, tires (bad alignment), but most of all my wallet says that it's time to convert it to cash. :-(

It's currently in St. Louis, MO (missed BBTA because of timing conflict with my sisters wedding, it was a tough decision). I've got an offer for $10,000. Is this fair? or should I hold out for more, the buyer seems especially interested in the syncro (he already has an '88 westy).

Thanks!

David Bryant davidb@cait.wustl.edu a Westy is the ONLY way to travel, if your not on foot...

Initial pilgrimage: Boston, NH, Burlington Vt, Chicago, St Louis, Yellowstone, Victoria BC, ...pacific coast suppressed but not forgotten..., Tiajuana MX (sp?), Las Vegas, North Rim, St. Louis, Various places suppressed for fear of digression into melancholy reminisces