Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 31 May 94  19:30:01 EDT
From:         <BSNICH01@ulkyvm.louisville.edu>
Subject:      EUROVAN POPTOP CAMPER

Howdy again. Someone laid this on me at Westfalia Wanderers meet at Caeser Creek State Park in Ohio about a month ago. It is pretty interesting. Here goes:

EUROVAN POPTOP CAMPER

** Based on long wheelbase (131 inches, or 3.33 meters) Eurovan Panel Van (no center/rear seats, no side windows, etc.)

** Ordered "conversion ready" with such amenities as Front A/C; power locks, windows and mirrors; cruise control and front swivel seats. Dual airbags will be added as standard equipment when airbag production for all Eurovans begins in April 1994.

** WINNEBAGO adds a "poptop" roof, windows with screens, and seating for two (or four) more passengers. Standard and Optional (*) features include:

-Two burner stove -Stainless Steel Sink/Countertop -12 gallon freshwater tank -8 gallon gray water tank (NOTE: I WISH I HAD THIS!) -74" x 43" upper bed (1.88 x 1.09 meters) -generous (??) cabinet space -3 way, two cubic foot refrigerator -rear bench/ 74" x 43" bed (2 person) * removable 2 person center seat * 12,000 BTU propane furnace -5.9 gallon propane tank -auxillary battery/110 converter

** WINNEBAGO has captured the essence of traditional WESTFALIA design while updating it with many extra features that U.S. buyers will appreciate. Pricing has not been confirmed yet, but the target sticker price of this 1995 model vehicle (w/o airbags) is under $30,000, with many over $40,000.

** With its full cadre of equipment and traditional design, we expectmany of our current camper enthusiasts to embrace this new camper alternative. In addition, the availability of a removable center seat will widen our appeal to more young families who need a single vehicle that fulfills both family transportation and lifestyle needs.

DISTRIBUTION

** VOLKSWAGEN will sell the Panel Van only to authorized Volkswagen retailers. The retailer will separately purchase the WINNEBAGO conversion directly from WINNEBAGO.

**************Source unknown but seems internal to VW*******************

This is all that was printed on a plain sheet. No identifying marks accompanied the text.

Barry S. Nichols BSNICH01@ULKYVM.LOUISVILLE.EDU 7004 Ethan Allen Way BSNICH01@ULKYVM Louisville, KY USA 40272 (502) 583-5835 (machine answers--it may be rather odd)